Autoimmune disease is caused by the breaking of self-tolerance. Oncimmune’s understanding of the immune system as a mediator of disease powers the ImmunoINSIGHTS service for autoimmune disease.
ImmunoINSIGHTS supports leading therapy developers across the autoimmune disease spectrum including:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Sjörgen’s syndrome
- Systemic sclerosis (SSc) and
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
Autoimmune disease is well known for its heterogeneity which can cause similar clinical presentation, with different underlying pathology across multiple diseases. This causes problems when recruiting patients to clinical trials, leading to sub-optimal performance of the trials.
Autoimmune therapy development can be enhanced by the ImmunoINSIGHTS autoantibody biomarker profiling tools; SeroTag for discovery and NavigAID for characterisation of the immune system to drive:
- the understanding of disease pathology
- early diagnosis and subgrouping of patients
- predicting response to therapy
- disease activity monitoring and prediction of flare-ups